Rejuvenate your skin with this powerful detoxifying, yet natural and gentle recovery mask. Perfect for those times when you’re just too tired to take off your makeup before bed.
We’ve all heard the sage advice to never fall asleep with your makeup on. Usually, I do a good job following this rule, but sometimes I’m just too lazy and/or tired to drag myself into the bathroom at the end of the day. This was the case on both Christmas Eve and Christmas night, and I’m pretty sure it will happen again on New Years Eve. Besides waking up to a foundation stained pillow case, and looking less than stellar, I know it’s only a matter of time before my skin will revolt (from it’s eight hour mistreatment), and I’ll start to see the consequences of my tired decision. To avoid my skin from rioting, I always make sure to give it a little extra attention, and make it feel extra special the next morning.
To avoid getting clogged pores, blackheads, inflammation, and irritated skin, I always apply a two ingredient recovery mask made of Bentonite Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar the morning after sleeping in my makeup. This mask is probably the cheapest beauty treatment currently in my bathroom, but it’s also one of my favorites, if not THE favorite. It replenishes my skin with much needed minerals, while detoxifying and rejuvenating my skin. After every use, my pores are substantially smaller, my skin is smoother, brighter, and (my personal favorite) tighter! It’s simple to make, 100% natural, and really works wonders for my skin. Even when I don’t sleep in my makeup, I try to use this mask at least two times a week in order for my skin to reap all of it’s amazing natural benefits.
I know that once you try this Bentonite + Apple Cider Vinegar Mask, you’re going to love it so much that you’ll want to share it with all your friends. You can share the love, and this beauty secret with your friends on Facebook by simply clicking the share button at the bottom of this post. Also, if you like this mask, I’m sure you’ll also love my One Ingredient Makeup Remover.
Bentonite Clay: a powerful detoxifier that forms an electrical charge which attracts and absorbs toxins, chemicals, impurities, and heavy metals from the skin. Heals and regenerates skin tissue and improves blood circulation, leaving you with a clear and radiant complexion. I also use this clay in my Strawberry + Pomegranate Glowing Skin Exfoliant.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Restores the proper pH levels to the skin, tones and tightens pores, and gently exfoliates with natural alpha-hydroxy acids. Improves overall condition of skin by reducing redness and treating age spots.
- Mix 1 part clay to 2 parts apple cider vinegar, mix until smooth. I’ve heard a lot of people say you can mix the clay with water, which you can, but I don’t and I would never recommend doing so. It gets really clumping, sticky, messy, and hard to apply when mixed with water. You can see the difference below, the bottom container is mixed with water, while the top one is mixed with the vinegar.
- Apply to the face and neck, avoiding the sensitive eye area. For sensitive skin, let dry for 5-10 minutes. For normal/oily skin, let dry for 15-20 minutes. As the mask dries it will tighten, causing the skin to feel warm and tingly.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Do not let the bentonite clay come in contact with anything metal (bowl, spoon, etc). Contact with metal will effect it’s ionization, which can diminish it’s effectiveness. I simply mix it in a small glass bowl with my finger.
- The apple cider vinegar is a little intense, your eyes will definitely feel it when you first put it on (like when you’re chopping onions, but not nearly as intense), but it quickly goes away. Also, this mask gets pretty tight as it dries, which doesn’t make it the most comfortable mask, but it’s well worth this minor discomfort.
- Immediately after use, your skin will be a little red, don’t be alarmed. This is normal and will fade within the hour, leaving your skin with a youthful glow.
After trying this mask, I know you’re going to want to rave about it!
Leave a comment and let me know just how much you love this Bentonite + Apple Cider Vinegar Mask!